Serving Cincinnati, Dayton, OH and Northern Kentucky
When you hear the phrase vinyl flooring, you may think of the old vinyl flooring from your youth. While that may stir some happy memories, it may not quite be the design look you were going for. Today’s vinyl flooring options are more versatile, more stylish, and more durable and will complement any design style you may dream of using. Our signature luxury vinyl flooring is resistant to water, mildew, and stains and can look amazing in almost any room in your home. You’ll find an almost endless selection of styles, colors, and textures to choose from, no matter the room you’d like it in, from kitchens and bathrooms to living rooms and hallways. Vinyl has the durability to keep it looking great for years and it naturally resists stains and provides the greatest quiet and comfort of any hard-surface floor. Find out more about our luxury vinyl options by contacting us today.
What to consider when shopping for vinyl floors
When shopping for vinyl flooring, there are many aspects to consider. Vinyl flooring’s primary ingredient is the vinyl itself, made from PVC plastic that involves a layered approach to fabrication. The top layer, or wear layer, may occasionally need to be refinished as this material may wear down over time, especially if it lacks a urethane top coat. Some vinyl brands offer a composite urethane topcoat that requires no maintenance, but this feature can add to the overall cost of the product. The overall thickness of the vinyl is another factor to consider. While thinner vinyl is more affordable, thicker vinyl slats tend to last much longer and provide more cushioning. Choosing the right amount of gloss on your vinyl flooring will also impact its overall look and lifespan. We offer a wide variety of luxury vinyl options that range from flat to highly glossy and we can make suggestions based on your preferences. We also offer extended warranties on many of our vinyl flooring options to ensure your peace of mind. Contact us now to schedule your free luxury vinyl consultation.
The advantages of vinyl flooring
At McSwain Carpets & Floors, we offer vinyl flooring that’s durable and will stand up to heavy foot traffic, pets, and kids. Our luxury vinyl floors are also spill- and scratch-resistant, excellent at resisting mold and mildew, and can add comfort and noise reduction to your home. While vinyl is not an ideal hard surface for outdoor areas, it makes a fantastic solution for any insulated area of your house. We offer quality vinyl flooring options that come in a wide variety of colors, textures, and shades, and our vinyl floor installations are second to none. Improve the look and feel of your home with affordable luxury vinyl flooring from McSwain Carpets & Floors. We’ll strive to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Quality flooring solutions for a fair price
Have you wanted to upgrade the look and feel of your floors, but the cost of new wood floors is prohibitive? Our vinyl floors can mimic the look and feel of wood floors for a fraction of the cost. Wood look vinyl flooring is fast becoming the most popular choice for homeowners across the U.S., and we offer a huge variety of styles, colors, and textures to choose from. We’re happy to set up a tour of our showroom for you or we can come to your location with samples of our latest inventory. We’ve built a reputation in Cincinnati and throughout Ohio for quality flooring, expert flooring installations, and unmatched customer service. Call us today to find out how we can best serve you.
Upgrade your home’s flooring with vinyl flooring. Call today.
Items to Consider when shopping for Vinyl
- Wearlayer Thickness
- Density of the wearlayer affects wear performance
- Generally, the thicker the wearlayer, the more resistant the floor will be against wear.
- Overall Thickness
- The thickness of the floor determines many of its performance characteristics
- Thicker resilient floors provide more indentation resistance, more cushioning and comfort underfoot, more noise dampening and more insulation.
- Wearlayer Type
- Urethane – offers the best performance to inhibit wear, stains, asphalt tracking and scuffing
- Vinyl – offers good performance against wear and staining
- Gloss – High or Low?
- The lower the gloss level, the more forgiving the floor will be to the daily wear of foot traffic
- For high activity areas, a floor with low to medium gloss is recommended.
- Warranties – compare these qualities in manufacturers’ warranties
- Ability to clean easily
- Discoloration from mold or mildew
- Gouge, rip, tear, indenting
- Wear out
- Scuffing, scratch resistance
- Warranty longevity
Six design elements to consider as you choose vinyl flooring
- Compatibility – Select a floor that coordinates with other objects in the room, like cabinets, countertops and fabrics.
- Color – Choose a color that you’re comfortable living with and that complements the style of your room.
- Light Sources – Light affects how a floor looks. Consider the size of the windows and the direction they face, as well as the artificial lighting in the room.
- Atmosphere – To make a room appear light and airy, choose lighter colors. To make it feel warm and cozy, use darker tones.
- Pattern and Scale – Select a floor pattern with a scale that works with other patterns in the room, as well as the size of the room itself.
- Traffic Pattern – For high-traffic areas such as kitchens and entries, select the best quality floor you can afford to ensure it will meet the demands of your lifestyle.