Carpet StoresServicing Dayton, Cincinnati, and Northern Kentucky
Room Size Carpet Remnants – Hundreds available with Huge Savings
- Choose from in-stock carpet remnants available in 8 showrooms
- Assorted sizes, colors, styles and prices
- Width: 12′ & 15′
- Length: up to 25′
- Take it with you today or have it installed
- Stop in one of these locations today to check out the selection:
- Beechmont, Blue Ash, Forest Park, Florence, Mason, Beavercreek, North Dayton Outlet
Carpet is one of the best flooring options for any home because it’s comfortable, warm, and durable. McSwain Carpets & Floors offers a wide selection of the best carpets for Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, and the surrounding areas. We have plenty of carpet stores in the area, so visit one today to see the carpets that you can choose from.
Our Carpet Services
The first thing you should know is that when you choose us for carpets, your options are nearly limitless. We carry the top-brand carpets in all eight of our showrooms, and we offer a huge range of styles, fiber counts, colors, and shades.
Do you have kids and pets and want durable flooring? Do you want something incredibly comfortable? Or do you want a carpet that won’t break your budget? Maybe you want a mix of all of these benefits. Whatever your needs, our professionals will help you choose the best carpets for you.
- Solid cut pile
- Cut and loop
- Modular tiles
- Textural stripe
All of these styles are at your disposal when you come to McSwain Carpets & Floors. Come into our stores today to see what option is best for you.
We also offer expert installation at affordable prices, so once you choose the perfect carpet for your home, we’ll professionally and quickly install it in your property. You’ll be able to enjoy your carpets immediately.
McSwain Carpets & Floors has been around since 1968, and we’ve served the residents of Ohio diligently and honestly for those 52 years. We pride ourselves on offering the best possible services, quality, and value for our customers. In fact, we’re so confident in our carpets that we offer a lifetime stain warranty and a lifetime installation warranty.
Understanding Your Needs
Select a carpet that meets your needs – Narrow your options and select the ideal carpet for each area of your home
- Do you have children? Pets?
- You will want a carpet that is stain and soil resistant
- Which of your rooms get a lot of traffic and everyday use?
- You will want a high-performing & durable carpet
Advantages of Carpet
- adds warmth
- comes in a variety of color tones & hues
- quieter than hard surface floors
- can hide many sub-floor irregularities that would not be permitted with hard surface floors
- can go over a variety of substrates and on all grade levels, including concrete slabs
- economical & installation costs are less than some hard surface products
Carpet Padding is Critical
Cushion, or padding, is the foundation of your carpet. It is responsible for enhancing both comfort and durability. A cushion with medium thickness and medium to high density usually performs the best.
- The RIGHT padding will
- Absorb constant pressure of foot traffic
- Keep carpet from matting down & looking worn
- Add insulation
- Reduce noise
- Protect your investment – extend the life of your carpet and protect the floors underneath
- The WRONG padding will
- Cause wrinkling and buckling
- Trigger the carpet to separate from the backing or pull apart at the seams
- Break down the carpet
- Invalidate the warranty
- Curled up or twisted tufts that help mask footprints
- Especially suitable for less formal decors
- Type of textured carpet with highly twisted tufts that curl at the pile surface
- Especially suitable for higher traffic areas
- Loop pile with tufts of equal height or multi-level loops
- Multi-level loops form beautiful patterns using solid colors
- Broad application with durable wear in either construction
- Cut Pile Berber
- Casual cut pile construction using a combination of big tufts and small tufts
- Usually contains small flecks of dark color on lighter shade background colors
- Dense level cut pile
- Yarn tufts are closely packed, presenting smooth, luxurious surface
- Generally for formal settings
- Cut & Loop
- Yarns are tufted into patterns of high cut tufts and lower loop tufts
- Suits more informal settings
- To make a carpet, natural or synthetic fiber is converted to yarn and tufted, or locked into a backing to form the pile or surface you walk on.
- Describes the winding of the yarn on itself. The tighter the twist, the more the carpet will resist changes in appearance and texture.
- The amount of pile in the carpet and how close the tufts are to one another. In general, the more dense the carpet, the better the quality. Check the density by pressing your fingers in the carpet and trying to reach the backing. You can also bend the carpet into a “U” shape to see how much backing shows. The less you see, the more dense the carpet.