Carpet and Carpet Installation Servicesin Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Dayton
Carpet adds comfort and elegance to your home or business. Your choices are limitless: whether you want carpet so soft that you forgo socks or carpet that’s easy to clean, McSwain Carpets & Floors can help you find the perfect option. Come to us for carpet installation in the Dayton and Cincinnati areas.
Choose Your Carpet
Just about everyone loves carpet-you can tell by the wealth of options available. No matter the texture, weave, fiber, color, border accents, or design you’re interested in, you can find a carpet to meet your preferences.
McSwain Carpets & Floors prioritizes our customers’ choices, so we offer a vast inventory that includes the latest designer trends as well as classic styles that appeal to everyone. Additionally, we offer quality choices that will stand the test of time, no matter how busy your home or business. Investing in one of these excellent carpets will save you money in the long run since your carpet will look great for many years.
Get Expert Advice
You have a big decision ahead of you. Choosing a new carpet is no easy feat. To get started, take a look at the tabs below. You’ll find helpful information to guide your choice and help you understand your own needs and what to look for. If you have questions, reach out to McSwain Carpets & Floors for more information.
If you’d like to speak with us in person and see our collection, visit one of our three showrooms in the Tri-State area. You can find carpet options you love and see for yourself how they look and feel, an experience that will help you make an informed decision.
If you’d like more information now, reach out to us-we’ll be happy to help. Just call 513.771.1400 to speak with a representative. We hope to see you in our showroom soon, and we look forward to helping you find the perfect carpet.
Understanding Your Needs
Select a carpet that meets your needs – Narrow your options and select the ideal carpet for each area of your home
- Do you have children? Pets?
- You will want a carpet that is stain and soil resistant
- Which of your rooms get a lot of traffic and everyday use?
- You will want a high-performing & durable carpet
Advantages of Carpet
- adds warmth
- comes in a variety of color tones & hues
- quieter than hard surface floors
- can hide many sub-floor irregularities that would not be permitted with hard surface floors
- can go over a variety of substrates and on all grade levels, including concrete slabs
- economical & installation costs are less than some hard surface products
Carpet Padding is Critical
Cushion, or padding, is the foundation of your carpet. It is responsible for enhancing both comfort and durability. A cushion with medium thickness and medium to high density usually performs the best.
- The RIGHT padding will
- Absorb constant pressure of foot traffic
- Keep carpet from matting down & looking worn
- Add insulation
- Reduce noise
- Protect your investment – extend the life of your carpet and protect the floors underneath
- The WRONG padding will
- Cause wrinkling and buckling
- Trigger the carpet to separate from the backing or pull apart at the seams
- Break down the carpet
- Invalidate the warranty
- Curled up or twisted tufts that help mask footprints
- Especially suitable for less formal decors
- Type of textured carpet with highly twisted tufts that curl at the pile surface
- Especially suitable for higher traffic areas
- Loop pile with tufts of equal height or multi-level loops
- Multi-level loops form beautiful patterns using solid colors
- Broad application with durable wear in either construction
- Cut Pile Berber
- Casual cut pile construction using a combination of big tufts and small tufts
- Usually contains small flecks of dark color on lighter shade background colors
- Dense level cut pile
- Yarn tufts are closely packed, presenting smooth, luxurious surface
- Generally for formal settings
- Cut & Loop
- Yarns are tufted into patterns of high cut tufts and lower loop tufts
- Suits more informal settings
- To make a carpet, natural or synthetic fiber is converted to yarn and tufted, or locked into a backing to form the pile or surface you walk on.
- Describes the winding of the yarn on itself. The tighter the twist, the more the carpet will resist changes in appearance and texture.
- The amount of pile in the carpet and how close the tufts are to one another. In general, the more dense the carpet, the better the quality. Check the density by pressing your fingers in the carpet and trying to reach the backing. You can also bend the carpet into a “U” shape to see how much backing shows. The less you see, the more dense the carpet.