Hardwood Refinishing & Restoration for Cincinnati and Dayton, OH
Restore Your Hardwood Floor
You love the natural, rustic look of your home’s hardwood flooring. But, you’ve noticed that the wood has begun to look old and worn. The sun has also taken its toll by causing your floor to fade. Your hardwood floors can gleam brightly once again with professional hardwood refinishing from McSwain Carpets & Floors.
The flooring experts at McSwain have years of training with the complex refinishing process. We’ve refinished the flooring for many homes in the Cincinnati and Dayton, OH areas. With the right equipment and products, we can bring out your wood’s natural grain and color. We can even change the color of your wood if you desire.
Benefits of Hardwood Refinishing and Other Flooring Services
Improving the look and quality of your hardwood floors does much more than enhance your floors. It strengthens your floors and makes them safer to walk on. It also saves you money by reducing potential repair costs and increasing your home’s value.
The experts at McSwain have served Cincinnati and Dayton, OH for more than 50 years. Our goal is to provide the highest value of flooring materials and services.
Our process is quick, with little interruption to your daily life. We even offer a rare ultraviolet curing process that cures your floors in less than a day. Call us today for a free consultation!
BRAND NEW - Ultraviolet Curing Process
MINIMAL INTERRUPTION – Full Use the Same Day the Final UV Coat is Applied
Are your hardwood floors looking old and worn out? McSwain Carpets & Floors can bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life – with little interruption to your busy household. Traditional finishes require 28 days to cure to full hardness. No more waiting days or weeks to regain the use of your living space. McSwain uses an exclusive Ultraviolet technology to instantly cure your floors. You can let the kids and dog run on it, put area rugs down and move furniture back in – the same day the final UV coat is applied. McSwain’s UV process is faster, with less odor and more durable than other methods. Let McSwain bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life. Call 513-326-4242 for your free consultation.
But What About all that Dust?
To determine which method is right for your hardwood floors, we will send out specialized professionals to your home for a FREE consultation. They will visually inspect and evaluate your flooring, off the most cost effective solution for bring your floors back to their original beauty and walk you through the entire process step by step.
For complete details about our custom hardwood refinishing & restoration services or to schedule your FREE consultation call 513.326.4242 or fill in the form on the Contact Us page.
Caring for Your Hardwood Floor
- Protect the finish with the use of throw rugs in entry areas and high traffic areas. Throw rugs will capture abrasive grit. Rugs should be shaken regularly to prevent grit build up.
- Do not use water to clean the floor. Dust mopping the floor as needed based on the amount of use is the best method to remove grit and soil from the floors finish. Vacuums without a beater bar are recommended.
- For heavy soil removal we recommend the use of a wood floor cleaner such as McSwain Poly Clean. Please check the manufacturer recommended cleaner for your specific floor. Do not apply products such as waxes, polishes and silicone. These are found in products such as Old English, Windex, Murphy’s Oil Soap and similar products. The use of these products will prevent your ability to apply a new finish in the future without the expense of re-sanding the floor.
- Use of floor protectors on furniture will help prevent scratches and dents. These should be brushed clean from time to time to prevent soil build up on the pad.
- Avoid high heels on hardwood surfaces. All hardwood floors have a point at which they will dent and compress the wood fiber. These dents can only be removed by re-sanding the entire floor.
- Do not move heavy objects on hardwood without protecting the surface. The best practice is to move objects on heavy cardboard or wood panels. Still use caution when twisting not to scratch the finish.
- Wipe up all spills and moisture with a dry cloth as soon as possible.
- Specialty finishes such as waxed and oil rubbed floors require separate maintenance steps. Please consult with McSwain for guidance on these finishes.
BRAND NEW – Ultraviolet Curing Process
Are your hardwood floors looking old and worn out? McSwain Carpets & Floors can bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life – with little interruption to your busy household. No more waiting days or weeks to regain the use of your living space. McSwain uses a brand new, exclusive Ultraviolet technology to instantly cure your floors. You can let the kids and dog run on it, put area rugs down and move furniture back in – the same day. McSwain’s UV process is faster, safer and more durable. Call 513-326-4242 for your free consultation.