Hardwood Refinishing Services in Cincinnati, OHin Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Dayton
If you love the natural, rustic look of your home’s hardwood flooring, but you’ve noticed the wood has begun to look old, worn, and faded, call the hardwood floor restoration experts at McSwain Carpets & Floors. Your hardwood floors can gleam brightly once again with professional refinishing from our team of seasoned floor technicians. With over 50 years of experience, refinishing wood floors is our specialty. Using our complex hardwood refinishing process, we’ve restored the flooring for countless homes in the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Dayton, OH, areas. We utilize the finest equipment and products, and we can bring out your wood’s natural grain and color. We’ll strip away any UV damage and cosmetic issues in your current flooring, resurface and restain it to the exact shade you’d like, and then buffer it a high shine. We’ve built a reputation throughout Ohio for quality work and we’ll strive to exceed your expectations. Contact us today.
Restore your hardwood floors
Improving the look and quality of your hardwood floors does much more than enhance your home’s aesthetic. It strengthens your floors and makes them safer to walk on. It also saves you money by reducing potential repair costs and increasing your home’s value. The hardwood refinishing experts at McSwain Carpets & Floors have served Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Dayton, OH, for more than 50 years, and our goal is to provide the highest value of flooring materials and services. Our process is quick, with little interruption to your daily life. We also offer our signature ultraviolet curing process that can cure your floors in less than a day after the final coat is applied; protecting them from dirt, stains, and UV damage. Call us today for a free consultation!
Our signature dust control system
McSwain Carpets & Floors uses a dust control system that effectively controls dust. While we cannot guarantee a dust free environment, because all sanding produces dust, additional precautions are taken to control the dust. We can sand and resurface your hardwood floors back to their original beauty without leaving a layer of dust on your furniture or unhealthy particles floating in the air. We’ll oversee every aspect of your floor resurfacing from initial stripping to final buff and polish work, and we’ll ensure you’re more than satisfied with our hardwood refinishing. McSwain uses products that are child, pet, and environmentally friendly and we’re happy to accommodate any special request. Contact us today.
Ultraviolet curing and floor maintenance
If you’ve had hardwood floors recently installed or restored in your home, it’s vital to let them cure or you risk damaging their finish. Curing time for wood flooring finishes to reach full hardness is on average two to four weeks, which can vary depending on the type of finish as well as the temperature and relative humidity in the area. This can be a hassle if you have an active family or guests who use these floors, but with our signature ultraviolet curing process, you can let the kids and dog run on it, put area rugs down, and move furniture back in the same day the final UV coat is applied. McSwain Carpets and Floors’ UV process is faster with less odor and more durable than other methods. We can also offer you expert guidance on how to keep your newly restored floors looking their best for years to come. Contact us today for more information about our UV floor curing solution.
Restore your floors with ease.
Call us today for a free estimate. 513-326-4242
or click here to schedule
BRAND NEW - Ultraviolet Curing Process
MINIMAL INTERRUPTION – Full Use the Same Day the Final UV Coat is Applied
Are your hardwood floors looking old and worn out? McSwain Carpets & Floors can bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life – with little interruption to your busy household. Traditional finishes require 28 days to cure to full hardness. No more waiting days or weeks to regain the use of your living space. McSwain uses an exclusive Ultraviolet technology to instantly cure your floors. You can let the kids and dog run on it, put area rugs down and move furniture back in – the same day the final UV coat is applied. McSwain’s UV process is faster, with less odor and more durable than other methods. Let McSwain bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life. Call 513-326-4242 for your free consultation.
But What About all that Dust?
Sanding hardwood floors used to be a dust nightmare. But not anymore! McSwain uses a Dust Control System to assist in capturing the dust. McSwain can sand and resurface your hardwood floors back to their original beauty without leaving a heavy layer of dust on your furniture or unhealthy particles floating in the air. McSwain uses products that are child, pet and environmentally friendly.
To determine which method is right for your hardwood floors, we will send out specialized professionals to your home for a FREE consultation. They will visually inspect and evaluate your flooring, off the most cost effective solution for bring your floors back to their original beauty and walk you through the entire process step by step.
For complete details about our custom hardwood refinishing & restoration services or to schedule your FREE consultation call 513.326.4242 or fill in the form on the Contact Us page.
Caring for Your Hardwood Floor
- Protect the finish with the use of throw rugs in entry areas and high traffic areas. Throw rugs will capture abrasive grit. Rugs should be shaken regularly to prevent grit build up.
- Do not use water to clean the floor. Dust mopping the floor as needed based on the amount of use is the best method to remove grit and soil from the floors finish. Vacuums without a beater bar are recommended.
- For heavy soil removal we recommend the use of a wood floor cleaner such as McSwain Poly Clean. Please check the manufacturer recommended cleaner for your specific floor. Do not apply products such as waxes, polishes and silicone. These are found in products such as Old English, Windex, Murphy’s Oil Soap and similar products. The use of these products will prevent your ability to apply a new finish in the future without the expense of re-sanding the floor.
- Use of floor protectors on furniture will help prevent scratches and dents. These should be brushed clean from time to time to prevent soil build up on the pad.
- Avoid high heels on hardwood surfaces. All hardwood floors have a point at which they will dent and compress the wood fiber. These dents can only be removed by re-sanding the entire floor.
- Do not move heavy objects on hardwood without protecting the surface. The best practice is to move objects on heavy cardboard or wood panels. Still use caution when twisting not to scratch the finish.
- Wipe up all spills and moisture with a dry cloth as soon as possible.
- Specialty finishes such as waxed and oil rubbed floors require separate maintenance steps. Please consult with McSwain for guidance on these finishes.
BRAND NEW – Ultraviolet Curing Process
Are your hardwood floors looking old and worn out? McSwain Carpets & Floors can bring the natural beauty of your hardwood floors back to life – with little interruption to your busy household. No more waiting days or weeks to regain the use of your living space. McSwain uses a brand new, exclusive Ultraviolet technology to instantly cure your floors. You can let the kids and dog run on it, put area rugs down and move furniture back in – the same day. McSwain’s UV process is faster, safer and more durable. Call 513-326-4242 for your free consultation.