Going Green & Recycling
In 2007 McSwain launched the Green Initiative Program. We are proud to be one of a few retailers nationwide to recycle floor covering. McSwain recycles carpet, carpet cushion, plastic and paper products. All for a healthier environment with less waste.
We recycle carpet and carpet cushion removed from existing homes during the installation of new floor covering.
- Beautiful, durable option
- Environmentally sound
- Harvested from the bark of the Cork Oak tree – better than a renewable resource because only the bark is harvested
- Resilient – bounces back when pushed on and is very comfortable to walk on
- Durable – composition of cork makes it resistant to wear and tear
- Hypoallergenic – dust cannot be absorbed or released from cork
- Insulator – reduces the transmission of heat and sound
- Mold & Mildew Resistant – Suberin, a natural waxy substance, seals the cork preventing mold or mildew growth
- Growing in popularity as an alternative to hardwood flooring
- Environmentally friendly – grown and cultivated quickly
- Bamboo is as strong as hardwood floors
- Strong & Durable – strength makes it durable and dent-resistant. It’s strength does not make it heavy, yet it is lightweight.
- Appealing Look – maintains its look under high traffic
- Versatility – bamboo beats out other hardwoods on moisture resistance, making it a smart choice for kitchens and bathrooms